Sunday, July 15, 2012

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I've noticed a bit of interest in some of the things I post all over my Facebook page and thought to myself, perhaps blogging is a great way to share some of my passion for all things culinary and crafty, and lets me elaborate a bit on what it is exactly that I'm doing!


So a little about me in this little introduction. I am a happily married, part time student, part time housewife and sometimes nanny to two wonderful kids, my niece and nephew. I have a beautiful huge eight year old yellow lab named Bailey and six, yes six, cats; Bella (10) Binx (8) Elphie (2) and her kittens, Rowan, Miranda and Felicity who are now a year old.

When I get free time, I knit, I'm learning to spin with a drop spindle, and I play in my kitchen. I love learning new skills, trying out new appliances and techniques. But most of all, I love learning and using skills that aren't as commonplace today as they were when my mother was a child and her mother too. Things like Victory Gardens, making things from scratch and canning. So in this blog, I hope to share my adventures in all these things, from growing tomatoes in Texas heat to making them into sauce and canning it up for the winter. Not to mention I'm sure a few funny things along the way, whether its some crazy thing my nephew said or a goofy thing the cat did or conversations overheard among my girlfriends. I'll share my adventures in loom knitting and how I plan to learn to spin and play the harp. So you never know what you're gonna get! So buckle up, and hang on! This might get a might bumpy!

Brightest Blessings!







2 comments:

  1. TRUE AWESOMENESS BREEZEY!!!! Briana, this is definitely your niche! I am excited to see what your cleverness & uber wittiness brings us. Love & light!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! LOVE IT. You will have a fan forever.

    ReplyDelete